Saturday, May 7, 2011

MAILBAG #4


Ed. Note: While we wait (holding onto our wallets for dear life) for Rector Sanborn to come down from on high with his proposal to make up for his annual $30,000 shortfall, here’s one of several emails we’ve received from bright young men who decided not to enroll in the MHT pesthouse.

Hi, Readers,

I’m 22 and about to graduate in humanities from a respected (Novus Ordo) Catholic liberal arts college in [the South]. I always loved the old Mass. All through school I dreamed of studying in a traditional seminary after I got my B.A.

My father passed last year and left me with enough money to pay tuition for 7 years. (This was in addition to my share of the estate.) He also made a provision for a substantial gift to any seminary program upon my ordination as a priest.

I see that MHT is now completely out of the question though I thought it could have been a possibility. You see, Florida is not far from where we live. I don’t want to go to the CMRI because I hear the standards are too low. Can you give me some advice? Please don’t reveal my name. I’m afraid the “pesthouse” might come scratching at my door looking for its Tailypo, like the monster in the old Southern folktale.

The Reader replies: Our mouth is hushed! We can see the loss of a cash-paying legatee plus a nice completion bonus would have the vermin running in search of their Entail-y Po faster than a scalded dog – especially now that the rector wants $30K a year to keep the pesthouse incubating.

As for a seminary possibility, we’ve sent you by e-mail our recommendations, with both pro’s and con’s. You didn’t say anything about the SSPX, so we included their institution in case you might be interested. Note that the SSPX has plans to build a new seminary in scenic Charlottesville, VA – almost in your backyard. From our point of view, the SSPX is closest to the real thing, although some traditional Catholics would have grave problems in attending. Two sedevacantist seminaries on our list are located abroad. If you’re interested, we’d be glad to help with advice on how to learn a foreign language quickly. Several other correspondents are considering enrollment in these seminaries. What’s important for everyone to know is that MHT is not the only option. In fact, it should never be a consideration.

Oh, yes, and, everyone, please don’t forget...

STARVE THE BEAST – SEND THE BUM PACKING WHEN HE COMES AROUND A-BEGGIN'

No comments:

Post a Comment